Monday 3 May 2010

Cherry blossom and beaches




Hasn't it been a fantastic year for cherry blossom? The tree in my garden has been thick with clusters of frothy white blossom.

Further down the street there are a couple of pink flowering cherry trees - also heavy with blossom this year.In fact spring is definitely here and there are tulips in my garden too.Today we went for some fresh air at the seaside. Beautiful Druridge bay was bathed in sunshine and quite deserted. We had a lovely walk.But don't think that because it is sunny - it is warm. Oh No! It was very very cold and luckily I had taken my snow coat with me.And it was very very windy too. Ideal conditions for kite surfers , this guy was actually flying rather than surfing.
On a much more sedate note I must show you Janet's quilt which she has just put together the blocks for. This is the most wonderful piece of appliqué. The pattern is Playtime Quilt from American Jane patterns designed by Sandy Klop. The stars and windmills are pieced and everything else is appliqué- a real labour of love has created this family heirloom.
My efforts this week are small by comparison, I have started to do a sampler quilt (from Lynne Edwards Sampler quilt book). The machine quilting is not quite finished yet on my last quilt but I have run out of thread so I started this in front of the TV last night while watching Lewis. Hope you like it - It is certainly going to be colourful.

Happy Quilting xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved both the quilts. I have 10 days of bed rest now, they have just taken the pins and plates out of my ankle I broke so magnificently last year, so I hope to start something. Happy Birthday to Mom, I will never reveal her age!!!!