Tuesday 25 May 2010

Quilts in the garden

Quilts in the garden , well one quilt , I have finished my latest quilt project, which I made in a fabric 9 by Sanae from Moda- very appropriate as it is a nine patch block cut up and rotated into a disappearing nine patch which gives it a very scrappy effect.
I like the reverse of the quilt just as much.
And I am very pleased with my first attempt at following a stencil in free motion quilting. I hope you like it too. A good thing to make with a pile of coordinating fat quarters and no particular pattern in mind.
My DH celebrated his birthday this week (21 again!) Yes he did have two birthday cakes - they were on a 2 for £3 offer in M&S and I never could resist a bargain.
His birthday present was 2 tickets to see Mark Knopfler at the arena in Newcastle. A fabulous night - what a talented guy - and way better than the last show we saw, that terrible performance by Whitney Houston.

Hope the good weather hasn't kept you too far away from your sewing machine.

Happy Quilting xx

No comments: