Tuesday 8 January 2008

New Year and another year older



Happy New Year. This is the first post of the New Year 2008 but it has been a bit delayed by birthday celebrations and a short holiday break. We had a family weekend at Centre Parcs Whinfell forest at Penrith, celebrating my birthday and a chance to relax and enjoy some family time together before getting back onto the treadmill of life. Jim and I worked quite a bit over Christmas and New Year so it was nice to have a chance to recharge the batteries.We did lots of eating, some swimming and a little sport. Jenny's favourite animals are squirrels and there were plenty about to entertain her, even chocolate ones in the shop.There were lots of rabbits about too. On Saturday we went out into the real world again to Penrith where I managed to find Just Sew the local sewing shop. They had a good supply of buttons so I purchased some unusual ones but the fabric was in half yard pieces so I managed to resist temptation. They just didn't have the same appeal as fat quarters. Thank you all for my cards and presents. Back to work tomorrow.

No comments: