Thursday 31 January 2008

Birthdays and socks.




A very busy week this week as both the kids had birthdays. Lots of celebrations and eating, especially cake. Jenny still has a party to come on Saturday with a shopping trip and tea at Pizza Hut with her friends. Between times I have tried to relax with some knitting. I have always wanted to try knitting socks and when I saw these fab kits at Woolfish I decided to give it a go. I set off with enthusiasm and my four needles but when I finished the rib and got on to the stocking stitch I realised I was knitting them inside out. A quick adjustment and off we go again. I can now knit and watch TV at the same time. The yarn is self patterning, you just knit away and the pattern appears magically before your eyes. The foundation piecing of the square in a square quilt needs concentration so not just for a quick 5 minutes grabbed in the evening. So far I have completed 6 blocks, just 21 to go.

1 comment:

Knot Garden said...

That self patterning yarn knits up beautifully. Looks like stripes but with some tweed effect in there as well.
Happy birthday to the kids!