Sunday 10 February 2008

Stripes before the eyes




What a lovely weekend we have had, the weather has been sunny, mild and calm. I have been in the garden chopping back all the dead stuff and filling up the compost bin so not a lot of sewing this weekend. On Friday there was a good turnout at the class at the Fat Quarters. Here is a picture of Margaret and her Newton the sheep quilt she is working on at the moment. She is just about to start hand quiliting it. I was working on the black and white stripes, sewing long strips before cutting them into 10" blocks. I am always thinking about what to do next, I have started saving up fat quarters for this lovely Rosalie Quinlan bag pattern Dawn gave me in the Secret Santa at Christmas. I do like the pinks and greens that Leanne Beasley and Rosalie Quinlan design in, so I have chosen these fabrics to try to get that look. The fabric design is called Sherbert by Buggy Barn. Thanks to my friend Shirley who has reminded me about our sewing teacher at school, Mrs Clark. Whilst we were never inspired with great projects the long tedious sewing lessons with samples of stitches is paying off now.

No comments: