Thursday 2 February 2012

Nine blocks and a birthday

Last week I promised I would let you know how I got on with the freezer paper applique, and the result is great - no problem, much easier than needle turn applique and a nicer edge with a better shape - even the pointy ends of the wings of the honey bees.As this is the 9th block I put them all together to see what it looks like and I am pleased with the effect, the yellow and pink fabrics lift the design.This will help me with the other blocks. Which one next?
This was my bargain find this week. Bias binging in a floral fabric!! And only a£1 a metre from a fabulous bead shop here in Manchester.
We were in Manchester to celebrate Jenny's birthday

and for her to show us around some of her favourite shops in Manchester like Junk - where she bought this reworked jumper she is modelling. Junk is a great shop which has been lovingly furnished entirely from reusable materials (first discarded then reclaimed) given new life in a consciously sustainable environment. They run courses too - have a look on the website.

This weeks scenic shot is of the Manchester skyline from our hotel room in Salford Quays
And the same view at night !

Happy Quilting xx

No comments: