Thursday 26 January 2012

Getting back to quilting

I have been neglecting my blog and neglecting patchwork and quilting . However with the New Year I have resurrected my sampler quilt. This Maple leaf block is all sewn by hand in American pieced patchwork technique but looking at the photo, I think I will have to unpick that last corner piece and match the seams a bit better.
This block is called Honey bee, The centre 9 patch piece is machine stitched and the applique is my first attempt at doing applique with freezer paper - I will report back how I get on in the next post.
I have been knitting still though and am making a soft chunky jumper for Jenny in Sirdar Big Softie. Its great 1 row = 1 centimetre
and whats better she will match her rabbit when she wears it.
Out and about this week, I have been to visit a new patchwork and quilting shop in Long Framlington in Northumberland. Ann opened Stitchin' Heaven 5 weeks ago and is just getting her range of fabrics together but be sure of a lovely warm welcome , a cup of tea and lots of inspiration. I bought this little book from Bareroots to try to improve my embroidery techniques but it has a lot of lovely little projects in it too.

Happy Quilting xx

No comments: