Thursday 17 April 2008

Sun,sea, scenery and the Da Vinci code






School holidays and we have had a few days break up in Scotland with my dad. When we sit in the sun at St Abbs harbour, we know we are well away from all the stresses and strains of work.


Tuesday we went to visit Rosslyn Chapel in Midlothian, just south of Edinburgh. I first read about it many years ago, a small collegiate church intricately carved in stone, said to be the resting place of the Holy Grail. Then along came Dan Brown and his book (and then the film) The Da Vinci code. Whether you believe the myth of the Holy Grail or not it is certainly worth a visit. Every inch of the building is covered in fine stone carving so detailed it looks like lace. Photography is not allowed in the church so here are a couple I took outside and at the nearby Rosslyn castle which was the final scene from the Da Vinci Code film.


Wednesday we had a great long walk on the cliff tops. The sun was out but it was very windy and cold. The sea and sky were blue and the scenery was spectacular. The only low point was when we stopped for coffee only to discover we had left the biscuits on the kitchen table.


Eventually we made it back to civilisation in time for lunch at my favourite tea shop (weather permitting!!) Springbank cottage.

2 comments:

Pall Mall Cigarettes said...

Admiration and interest were my first feelings when I’ve entered your blog. It is indeed the most remarkable creation I’ve ever seen! Moreover, your manner of writing and the photos are absolutely fine and I think everyone would agree with my words. All this made me immediately add the blog to my links. Thank you very much for such a marvelous web page and I will surely enter it again!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog and it is soooo beautiful, can´t stop reading it. Great pictures. I know the film, it´s great.
Many greetings
Gisela