Monday 7 April 2008

Pins and Needles Inspiration.


Saturday saw Jenny and me at the Pins and Needles show at the Newcastle Metro Radio Arena. We hadn't been to the show before but were pleased at the number of stands. All sorts of things to do with crafts and sewing. A lot of papercraft stands and a few patchwork and quilting stands too. A good book shop with shelves of quilting books. I bought just a few bits and pieces, my favourite being some lovely butterfly trim ( like rickrack braid but lots of butterflies in a line) from Ribbonbox. There were also lots of jewellery stands so we got a few pairs of earrings too. Jenny's favourite was a gentleman selling glitter, for use as an embellishment on cards but, as he demonstrated on Jenny, it can also be used as body art and nail art too.

Kim and the girls were busy on the Fat Quarters stand so I am sure it was a profitable weekend too. I didn't buy books though as I had just got this Little Quilts book from Barter books in Alnwick and also the Lynn Edwards book in a second hand shop in Berwick.

The best of all was the inspiration, I came home and sat straight down and completed Michael's Dancing stars quilt and here it is on the bed!!!
The free motion quilting on the machine was a bit of a trial but I persevered and it was worth it. I actually spent 4 evenings just sewing in ends from broken threads but its fab and he loves it.

No comments: