Monday 3 March 2008

Happy Mothers Day


Yesterday was Mothers day and I was thoroughly spoilt my my husband and my children. I was woken up to breakfast in bed accompanied by presents and a lovely balloon. These helium balloons bearing a greeting are a favourite in our house at the moment. Jenny is always on the lookout for one to buy. My gifts were a lovely plant arrangement, chocolates, and a cute tea pot and mug set. We went out for a lovely relaxing lunch at The Matfen Brewery. The brewery and tea room are in converted farm buildings at High House Farm near Matfen in Northumberland, down a single track road from the Military Road it set in beautiful country side looking South towards the Tyne Valley. Check out their website at www.highhousefarmbrewery.co.uk. I would certainly recommend a visit.






Then today another surprise arrived in the post from Australia, The new Leanne Beasley book, Romancing the Road trip. The kids had ordered it a couple of weeks ago but it did not arrive in time for Mothering Sunday. The book is full of inspirational ideas, 3 quilt patterns, 3 bag patterns and lots of little projects including stitched postcards. The illustrations are in a scrapbook style. If only I could make my blog pages artistic like that! What will I make next?

No comments: