Wednesday, 7 September 2011

You can never have too many cushions

I have finished my knitted cushion and am really pleased with it. The flash on the photo doesn't show the patterns too well but I love all the different textures of the squares. Inspired by Debbie Abrahams blanket pattern based on floor coverings. Apologies to Debbie for the addition of the Dalek but it was a special request from Jenny. (Dalek pattern from Ravelry)
I have really got the hang of ladder stitch for stitching the blocks together now and was surprised by the weight of the yarn when knitted up and put together. I would be a fantastic blanket but I haven't the patience to knit that many squares. The back of the cushion is fabric and my sewing machine coped very well with the challenge of sewing cotton and knitting together.I have made yet another pinny from Leanne Beasley's Apron Strings pattern - I think this is the 7th or 8th.
This time I appliqued the name onto the pocket, instead of doing an embroidery. I drew the letters free hand and used my machine for the applique and was pleased at the result.

Happy Quilting xx

No comments: