Thursday 12 August 2010

Marble Arch, Prudhoe

Prudhoe's version of Marble Arch. For ages I have wanted a small archway to put over the garden path leading to the back door and the dust bins, when I saw one is a box at the local garden centre for just £9.99 I snapped it up. I got a lot for my money when it turned out to be about twice the size I imagined and twice the width of the path. It is now firmly planted in front of the decking where it might protect us from the footballs of the neighbouring children.At one side I have planted a climbing rose (Hamlet) and a honeysuckle...At the other side a pretty pink climbing patio rose. They have been well watered by the weather this week so I hope they grow up quite quickly.
Jenny has a part time job for the summer holidays at the ceramic experience in Blaydon and asked me to give them a mention as a great place to entertain kids in wet weather during the school holidays. Ceramic painting, jewellery making, scalextric and soft play. And a cafe too, so pop in and see her . Check out their website, here, for opening times and directions.

This was my brush with celebrity last week when I saw Ben Shepherd(ex GMTV) on his fund raising C2C run. Ben is the one in the superman outfit - not a very good photo but I was trying to overtake them and take a photo and not run them down. If you want to sponsor them too go to the website Seb4chuf and help raise funds for the childrens heart unit at the Freeman hospital.

Not a lot of sewing this week, I am in a bit of a dilemma with my latest quilt - the last set of blocks are too small - shall I unpick them all or just try and make it fit...? Watch this space.

Happy quilting xx

No comments: