Monday 14 June 2010

Changeable weather and Bali Pops

Before we get down to some sewing today , I would like to show you these Geraniums which are in my front garden. I bought them about 3 years ago and paid nearly £20 for 2 plants - I had ordered them from a nursery without asking the price! However each year they have grown stronger and this year they are starting to put on a lovely display.
I am sick of seeing all those world cup flags flying and decided to show off my bunting , but didn't want to get it wet in the changeable weather so --- I have hung it up inside the conservatory! Now the rain won't spoil it!!
On Saturday when the sun did come out, my DS and I set out on The Art Tour, first stop was Katie at Make in Allendale . Check out her website, here, she is running a Get Started with Patchwork course in July - I know the teacher and I think it will be good fun! Well we sat in the sun and ordered a piece of cake from the Allendale Bakery next door and got no further.
My sewing this past week has been unseasonal . I have made another Quilted Hottie from The Cath Kidston SEW book. It is lovely to make and I hope it made a lovely birthday present for Irene to look forward to next winter.
I have started out on my next quilting project , a Cotton Candy Quilt make with a bali pops Jellyroll. These are definately summer colours. This is my first attempt at flying geese.

This is what one of the star blocks should look like when assembled.
And I have completed another block of the sampler quilt - this Dresden plate block was lovely to do, easy to pick up and put together quickly - I even finished the final centre circle in my lunch hour. I am quite enjoying the hand sewing.

Happy quilting xx

1 comment:

katie said...

I know the teacher too - i think she is going to be magnificent
nice cake!
great bunting
better than the lousy red and white - much good it does them to have all that support 0-0 ha!