Monday 22 September 2008

Finishing off Works in Progress


A busy weekend finishing off some of the many works in progress (WIP). At last I finished the country garden cushion from Rosalie Quinlan's Gift book. This was my first attempt at needle turn applique and I enjoyed it very much. My technique improved as it went along and the temptation at the end was to pull out the first pieces and do them again but I didn't. All quilted and made up into a cushion I now need a very big cushion pad to fill it. I might even do the second one of the pair.
The Fat Quarter bag is now finished too and I took advantage of a lovely Autumn day to take it out into the garden and hang it on the apple tree to photograph it. It looks like we will have a bumper crop of apples again this year.
It is a very unusual apple tree and it has a good crop of patchwork bags too. This is the first of many Broome market Bags from Leanne Beasley's road trip book, waiting for Jenny to get the crazy patchwork panel finished to decorate it. We are now collecting ribbons, bows, lace , buttons, beads and lots of trimmings for the crazy patchwork.
Friday afternoon at The Fat Quarters also saw Margaret finishing off. She has completed this beautiful quilt with 9 hand quilted panels with designs by Sandie Lush. Now she is working on a larger design in boys colours for her DH. We are looking forward to a day class with Sandie Lush at the Fat Quarters in January "North Country Quilting".

And finally the only thing with any colour in my Autumn garden is this hardy fuchsia which is covered with flowers. Every year I cut it back to ground level and it continues to flourish. I'll have to make another bag to hang in it.

Happy Quilting

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

all looking lovely! ans those apples! there is to be an Apple Day at Wark on 4th Oct - you could bring one along for the expert to identify!

Unknown said...

I would not mind having such an apple tree full of bags in my garden either! The fat quarter bag is really nice and the fabrics well chosen. I hope your cold is getting better. Mine is gone! Take care.

Gill - That British Woman said...

you have some beautiful work there, really nice,

Gill