Tuesday 10 June 2008

Knit one, saved one


Lovely weather, lots of gardening, not a lot of sewing. Friday was quilters lunch at The Herb Patch and the start of a lovely weekend. Then it was on to The fat Quarters where I made this little gift bag from the pattern on the Buttonberry blog. I went to Rosarama bead craft for the glass beads and ribbons. It was the first time I had been in and they had lots of lovely beads and jewellery making stuff.

After a trip to Hexham on Saturday to visit the new M&S store (and a good chin wag with Piece-maker) we started on the garden. It just really needed that spring tidy up but had got a bit out of control. The geraniums I bought at great expense a couple of years ago are just starting to flourish and here is a close up shot of the beautiful purple flowers.

On Sunday we went to the open day at the Alex Clark gallery where Jenny bought these fab prints for friends birthdays. Hope they aren't looking in. It was good to meet the artist too. Just across the road from the Herb Patch I am sure we will pop in regularly.

Finally I have been knitting again this week. I have completed one hat and hope I have saved a baby, hat number two is on the way.

No comments: