Thursday 1 May 2008

Cherry Blossom time...




Last weekend we visited Gibside Chapel for their food festival. A National Trust property, the 17th century chapel was built be George Bowes in the 1760s. The landscaped forest gardens are lovely for woodland and riverside walks.

The chapel is not actually sloping like my picture but what do you expect after sampling a few local brews.There were lots of local food producers represented and much fun was had sampling their wares. Here is some of the loot we bought. Trees can't dance are growers of chillis from sunny Northumberland. The plum sauce and the hot african sauce are both scrummy.

Sunday was wet and miserable so I settled down to play with the embroidery stitches on my machine. I even managed to work out the button sewing function. Inspired by a card I bought from the stand of the Northumbrian and Scottish Borders Textile Forum at the Pins and Needles show,I made my own.

The weather at the end of the week is brightening up so I have been out in the garden again taking pictures of the cherry tree in blossom and these lovely tulips.

No comments: