Tuesday 9 August 2011

Margaret's House



I have lovely friends who let me use my blog to show off their work. Margaret's current project is a patchwork dolls house quilt from a pattern by Rosalie Quinlan.
Applique is Margaret's favourite technique at the moment, She enjoys sitting down to the hand stitching
There are 9 rooms in the house, here we have a sewing room, bedroom, nursery and the washing on the line.
Watch out for more as the quilt takes shape....
My dear daughter has also been doing some sewing this week. She has made a really original gift for a friend. The images of her trip to the Harry Potter premier in London we printed onto the Miracle fabric sheets and then used them as part of the patchwork design for the front of the cushion.
I have been doing a little gardening between rain storms. The next job is to prune the apple tree.
We are going to have a bumper crop this year.

Happy Quilting xx

No comments: