Sunday 26 June 2011

Woolfest 2011



Woolfest Cumbria 2011. Knitting buddies have all talked about it but this was the first time I have been ... So much to see ....so much to buy..whether you knit, weave, crotchet, spin felt or even sew there was something for every body...And the donors of the wool in the first place ... This friendly Merino sheepand these timid alpacas.... If you haven't been yet put the date in your diary for next year....
and start saving now.I have so many unfinished projects on the go at the moment , I decided that I must set to and finish something off. I am really pleased with my finished piece of textile art, Precious Memories which I made at the Mandy Patullo workshop with Katie a couple of weeks ago. All framed up , I am quite proud of it. And to think I was just playing about with that Miracle fabric paper to see how it worked.

And another UFO finished off - the Moda Honey bun roll made up into another lovely bag- all topped off with a fabric covered button.

The poppies in the fields up and down the Tyne Valley have been quite something this year . And I have never seen one as thick with poppies as this field near Corbridge



Happy Quilting xx

2 comments:

Lyn said...

Wow, what a great show it looks, I love the hairy sheep photo!
xxx

SELVIDGE by Rachida S said...

I wanted to go to this festival, but my daughter had her GCSE exams :( However, I am sooo glad to see some photos from it and it looks amazing. I haven't finished reading all of your posts but I'm enjoying what I'm reading so far. Your blog is inspiring :)