Thursday 17 March 2011

Scrappy log cabin quilt

Last week, the Friday afternoon class at the Fat Quarters turned into an all day class led by the lovely Hazel and entitled "scrappy log cabin quilts". We learned Hazel's quick method of piecing log cabin blocks to use up all the scraps in the stash to make a quilt.
I have such a wide selection of fabrics in my box that when I put them together in the prescribed random manner I didn't like the finished effect. I have said before that I don't do random and this just confirmed it for me. I would certainly use her method of piecing again but use more carefully selected fabrics. These are just too scrappy.

Well as the mug says When in doubt Brew up!




From Quilting to Couture....

And this week was Prudhoe fashion week. Last night the textile students at Prudhoe high school put on a fashion show of all their work. Here Jenny is seen modelling last year's finished project - Her Paris Chic dress.

And this year's dress - just finished 2 days before
with a close up of the detail on the front of the dress. The brief was to design a dress to be worn by a British athlete at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics. Unfortunately Jenny's dress wasn't finished before Stella McCartney got the job.

And this week's action shot is pancake tossing ( I think that was actually last week) You wouldn't believe how many pancakes we had to eat to get this one shot of one in mid toss.

Happy Quilting xxx

1 comment:

lanniesmum said...

I am so glad to hear that you cannot do random either! I need things to match.