Saturday 16 October 2010

Friday afternoon Quilting

At last I have been able to get on with quilting my Cotton Candy quilt.
- Most of it is free motion quilting in a medium sized stipple effect - I like the pattern to look like jigsaw pieces....
....with a stencil pattern quilted in the centre of the star. I have found the free motion quilting much easier to control since the course on free motion embroidery with Janet Clare - I just have more control of my machine now.
Every body has been busy at the Friday afternoon class - Irene is doing more of her wonderful applique, this time working on The Gift of Friendship by Natalie Bird.
Janet is making a minature quilt from this book Quick Quilted Minatures - more lovely applique.
and Margaret is making an advent calendar for her great grandson's first Christmas.
We have been out and about today ... who could drive past a sign like this ? Not me!
I loved this chocolate spotty fabric and variegated embroidery floss from Madeira.

and the view from the English - Scottish border is just amazing!

Happy Quilting xx

No comments: