Saturday 16 January 2010

Another Year Older

Since we last me, we have had more snow...
And I have had a birthday....
I got lots and lots of lovely presents...
Knitting was definitely a theme and this week my DS and I joined a knitting group. I got some lovely flowers and jewellery too. Thank you all for the fabulous presents and the cards too.
I have finished the table runner for my aunt and uncle to celebrate their golden wedding. The scalloped border was a bit of a challenge but I managed, although it doesn't lie very smooth. I didn't quilt in the borders, perhaps this is why. After I had finished it, I found an episode of Quilt in a Day when Eleanor Burns showed us how to do a scalloped border, she measured carefully then got out a special ruler, curved in shape and measured in equal curves ...I used a cereal bowl to draw around!!


And finally , for Mandy, here is the full picture of the cushion I made for the caravaning branch of the family Down Under. The pattern came from A Family Album by Annie Downs of Hatched and Patched.

Sorry but there has been a technical hitch which means some of the photos are sideways today. Haven't a clue why and don't know how to put it right , please just put your head on one side and bear with me.

Happy quilting xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah ha,that's what that was, I loved the caravan pillow, what beautiful stitching, so evenly spaced. Nice to see you are going to get into knitting and I see you are already on another of my fav. blogs: little cotton rabbbits. I am trying to finish off a poncho but I have sewing that needs doing. I started giving little drawstring bag with name embroidered on for the kids birthdays in my class and Monday morning I have twins with a birthday! Happy Birthday to you.......

Anonymous said...

Pauline.....look out for the postman!