Tuesday 11 August 2009

Meeting Amy Butler

Today has been a very exciting day. I met Amy Butler. Along with 70 other quilting fanatics I spent a delightful afternoon with Amy Butler.

Hosted by Kim at The Fat Quarters, we had a lovely lunch then sat and listened to Amy talk about her travels and the inspiration for her work. A designer of many things - including fabric , stationery, bedding, sewing patterns and a new range of rugs - Amy's bold use of colour, pattern and shape has been a huge hit all over the world.
There was a chance to buy fabric, books and patterns by Amy


and to look at some of her finished designs made up...


Then to meet her on a personal basis as she signed books. I was wearing my Cabo halter top from her design and fabric so I was a bit apprehensive as to what she might think , but she was lovely.




A fab day out !! Who's next Kim?

Happy Quilting xx

1 comment:

piecemaker said...

Great afternoon eh!! see you soon