Thursday 8 January 2009

Another Year Older

The New Year dawned bright and sunny on Thursday, full of resolutions about keeping fit and loosing weight we set off for a walk along the riverside at Wylam. It was very cold and crisp but the sun was bright and shining on the river, looking very picturesque. It felt good to be out after the dull dark days around Christmas.

My birthday celebrations started on Friday with the afternoon class at The Fat Quarters. After opening pressies and eating cakes we eventually got down to some sewing and I have finished the second Summer Garden cushion from Rosalie's Gift book. The needle turn applique and hand quilting on this small scale went well with the excess of TV watching over the Christmas break.

Celebrations continued the next day with a trip out to Harrogate and afternoon tea in Betty's. My DH hates waiting in queues but gave in cos it was my day. Jenny and I enjoyed the shopping, there was a great closing down sale in MKone and we came out with a huge bag of goodies.
More celebrations on Sunday and Jenny made these fantastic lemon drizzle cupcakes for me. There was a bit of a cupcake theme going on really but I love them.
And finally, reading the book The Friday Night Knitting Club, I felt drawn to do some knitting, I fished out a ball of yarn I had bought at Woolfish months ago and started on a scarf. I was quite pleased with how it knits up.

Thank you all for my cards and gifts I have had a lovely birthday.

Happy quilting xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy Birthday!!
Hope you had a great day, it sounds like you did.
I am going to take this oportunity to let you know how much I look forward to reading your blog. I love the photos! I am sitting home bored out of my socks, knitting socks and nursing my broken ankle. My life seems a like comedy of errors so it's so nice to read about yours. keep up the blogging....I love it!
Amanda (aka Mandy!)